LHR has become a popular choice for safe, long-lasting and effective methods of hair reduction for both aesthetic as well as medical indications. It is the most demanded aesthetic procedure. LHR improves the quality of life in patients suffering from hirsutism.
Why should one consider LHR?
- Reduction in the density of hair.
- Change in the texture of hair – from dark, thick and long hair the texture changes to thin, fine and light-colored hair.
- Longer hair-free period
- Long-lasting results.
- Relatively painless.
- Relief from ingrown hair giving a smooth texture to the skin.
- More cost-effective in the long term –endless expenditure on shaving creams, waxing, depilatory methods, razors are eliminated.
- Quick results
- Safe and painless.
LHR works on the principle of selective photothermolysis.
The laser beam hitting the skin is absorbed by melanin pigment present in the hair shaft which results in thermal damage to the hair shaft and the root. The laser only damages the hair that is in the growth phase of the hair cycle, remaining hair which is not in the growth phase are not damaged. Hence, we require 6 – 8 sittings depending on the body part.
Sessions required depends on the body part being treated. Back, underarms and legs require less number of sessions as compared to face & upper lip. First 2-3 sessions are done at a monthly interval, after which the gap between sessions is increased due to reduced growth.
Precautions to be taken before the procedure:
- Avoid tanning or using self-tanning products.
- Stop plucking, threading, waxing, so that the hair shaft is preserved.
- No bleaching as the presence of pigment is a must for the success of treatment.
- The areas to be treated must be cleaned properly, and any oils or makeup should be removed.
- Use of any medications, LASER, chemical peels or any other medical problem should be informed to the physician.
During the Procedure:
Since the damage to the hair follicle is by heat energy, slight discomfort in the form of warm prick sensation might be felt. The discomfort is minimized by the ice cooling tip.
After the procedure, the tingling and redness might remain for a few hours. Redness and swelling typically subside by 72 hours.
Measures to be taken after the procedure:
- Avoid excessive sun exposure; a good sunscreen is a must.
- Excessive rubbing, exfoliation, and scrubbing should be avoided for a week.
- Steams, saunas and hot baths to be avoided for 2-3 days.
- In between sessions threading, waxing, and plucking should not be done. Shaving can be done between sessions.
Contraindications to the treatment:
- Active infection at the local site.
- The tendency to form keloids or hypertrophic scars.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Use of retinoids either currently or in recent past.
- Tanned skin.
- Use of defibrillator or pacemaker.
- History of seizures.
I went to Estique Clinic for laser hair removal treatment and the outcome of the treatment was as expected. I am in love with the hair free skin. Initially, I was so nervous but then after the treatment I couldn’t resist myself from sharing Estique Clinic laser hair removal reviews.
Estique Clinic laser hair removal services are very safe. I can say this because I have done my laser treatment here. Dr. Neha Sharma will provide the best suggestion post laser so that could help you to take care of your skin after the treatment.