How to Get Rid of Back Acne
Pimples, no matter where you get them, can be a challenge to treat. Unfortunately your teen years are not limited to getting pimples. Acne can happen on a variety of grounds at any age. Pimples can appear anywhere in your body, including the back.
WHAT CAUSES BACK ACNE?
There are a lot of reasons why people get acne, so it’s important to know why and how they shape pimples.
The body produces an oil known as sebum. It is produced in the glands linked to the follicles in your hair. Sebum pushes the hair follicles up to add moisture to the hair and skin.
As extra sebum and dead skin cells build up, the pimples form. This coating blocks bacteria and pores in the skin. When the wall of the hair follicle swells up, it forms a pimple whitehead. When the clogged pores are exposed to air, blackheads develop pimples.
Some common causes of acne are:
- Genetics: Genetics. Acne disorder can run in your family.
- Medicines. Acne can grow as a side effect of certain medicinal products such as some antidepressants.
- Hormones: Hormones. Hormonal changes are often the source of acne in teen years. Pimple outbreaks can be attributed to hormonal changes that occur during menstruation and pregnancy for women past puberty however.
- Sweat. Sweat can make acne worse, particularly if it’s trapped under tight clothing.
- Struggle. Stress is not a direct cause of acne, but it could contribute.
Many work has shown that foods you consume may be linked to acne. There is some evidence that certain foods, known to increase the blood sugar levels (e.g. white bread, potato chips) can also lead to acne. Milk products could be a catalyst for some, too.
Back Acne Treatments
In most cases, by making lifestyle changes and using at-home treatments, you can get rid of the acne. Here are a few things you can do to get rid of acne at the back:
- Shower after a workout – After a workout, letting the sweat and dirt sit on your skin can be a big contributor to back-acne. Shower at the earliest opportunity after a workout. Those sweaty workout clothes should also be washed between sweat sessions.
- Exfoliate – To remove extra dirt and oils from your skin, use a gentle exfoliating scrub with ingredients like salicylic acid. This can help to reduce the amount of dead skin that might block pores.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing – You may irritate back acne with your workout habits. Tight clothing, for example, will trap dirt and sweat in your pores and rub it in. Working out against a sweaty gym machine or on a dirty floor without a shirt can cause problems too.Go for loose-fitting clothing which allows your skin to breathe and helps sweat wick away.
- Try Tea tree oil – Tea tree oil is produced from Australian tree leaves. Australians have used it for years to treat a number of skin problems. Today, many lotions, cleansers, and creams can be found using the ingredient.There is some evidence to suggest that by killing extra bacteria, it may help in treating acne.
- Keep hair off your back – Long hair will add oil and dirt to the back of the head, causing acne outbreaks. Wash your hair daily, and during sweaty sessions put it in a bun or ponytail. If the back has excessive hair, there may be increased acneform eruptions. LASER hair removal can aid in chronic cases. Because recurrence may be seen after care if the cause is not removed. Also, Don’t let the conditioner or shampoo run down your back, either. Such ingredients can lead to clogged pores.
- Eat healthy – Eat healthy–Have heard the phrase “You are what you eat! “An unhealthy diet will affect our bodies on a number of ways. If you’re prone to acne, certain foods could have causes. Research shows that high-glycemic (GI) foods such as white bread, white pasta, meat, refined sugar can make acne worse, leading to a rapid increase in blood sugar. Practicing a healthy balanced diet with plenty of vegetables, fruits and whole grains is a good policy.
It’s a good policy to practice eating a healthy, balanced diet with lots of:
- lean protein
- whole grains
Medications for back acne
Many people need a bit of extra support to clear up acne. If you’ve tried home remedies and are not getting relief, a dermatologist can prescribe oral or medicated creams.
Get in touch with the skin disorder specialist at estique, The best dermatology clinic in Gurgaon, for they can also help you find out the reasons and triggers for your back acne.