Vitiligo Treatment in Gurgaon
Vitiligo is an autoimmune disorder characterized by the destruction or abnormal function of melanocytes (pigment-producing cells).
- It is known to affect 1-2% of the total world’s population.
- It presents as white spots on skin and mucosa and silvery grey hair on the scalp. Vitiligo can be either stable (not spreading or increasing) or progressive.
- Vitiligo is known to affect the quality of life and causes immense psychological stress in patients.
Clinically Vitiligo can be classified as:
- Segmental type – This can affect one or multiple segments of the body.
- Non-segmental type – Which can be acrofacial (affecting face, head, perioral, hands, and feet), mucosal (genital and oral mucosa involvement), generalized (any part of the body), universal (>80-90% body involvement), mixed (involvement of segmental and non-segmental type).
- Unclassified or indeterminate – Can be focal (isolated spots are seen without segmental distribution) or mucosal (where only one mucosa is involved).
The exact etiopathogenesis of vitiligo is still unknown, but several theories have been proposed:
- Autoimmune Theory
- Adhesion Defect Theory
- Neural Defect
- Vitiligo’s Biochemical Theory
- Intrinsic Theory
- Viral Theory
- Integrated Theory
Estique Clinic, the best skin clinic for vitiligo treatment in Gurgaon, have specialists who can better understand the main pathways involved in vitiligo onset will help in the formation of the optimal treatment plan which would stabilize melanocytes, suppress autoimmune response and increase regeneration of melanocytes and stimulate their migration from surrounding skin and adnexa.
Management of Vitiligo can be:
- Pharmacological – Which includes the use of medicated creams and systemic agents.
- Physical Therapy – Use of UV radiation.
- PUVA Light Therapy – Should be done under supervision. It Involves the use of UVA and the photosensitizing drug, psoralen.
- NBUVB Therapy – Use of narrowband UVB (311 nm) to restore skin colour, no need for oral psoralens, safe, minimum side effects.
- Excimer LASER – Use of coherent and monochromatic light, 308 nm to restore colour.
- Surgical modalities – They are used when the vitiligo is stable. Methods used are Split-thickness skin grafting and Melanocyte transfer.
I was very worried and uncomfortable with the Vitiligo problem. I consulted so many doctors but unsatisfied. Then I consulted to Dr. Neha and I’m amazed by the medications she recommended as my skin problem has almost gone within a week. Now I’m very happy.
Amazing doctor. Dr Neha was extremely patient and had helped me when I had gone into depression because of this. she explained me about the course and prognosis of vitiligo. Her treatment and support helped me face life.